A few weeks ago, I asked other Verizon Wireless Savvy Gourmets to try my chocolate chip cookie recipe and see how we get some variations. A few of them have tried out some really interesting versions!
I made mine with bacon, and put Jeni’s Spendid Ice Creams Salty Caramel in between 2 of them!
First, here’s the recipe:
- 1 cup ap flour
- 1 cup bread flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 1/2 cup Turbinado sugar ( or light brown)
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract or paste
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 cups dark chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F (for pure convection, adjust accordingly; I used 310 F on convection). Grease cookie sheets, or line them with parchment paper or use a Silpat (which is what I did).
- Sift the flour, salt and baking soda and set aside.
- Mix the sugars and butter just until thoroughly mixed, then add egg, yolk and vanilla and mix until creamy. Add the sifted ingredients and mix until just blended.
- Stir in the chocolate chips/chunks, then drop dough 1/4 cup at a time on a cookie sheet, about 3 inches apart, and bake for 15-17 minutes. Leave them on the cookie sheet to cool a bit when removed from the oven (this is important… they fall apart if you move them too quickly). Once they cool a few minutes, remove the cookies to a cooling rack to finish cooling. Or eat them right away, with milk!
- Paula from Froster Fingers made Turtle Chocolate chip Cookies!
- AndreAnna made gluten free The Best Paleo Maple Bacon Chocolate Chip Cookie (In the history of man)!
- And Amanda made some great looking Chocolate Chip Pistachio Fig Cookies!